Image Map

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shoes, Secrets, & Sisters

Photo by Meg Pickard
Sweet Heather Marie:  (smiling like the cat that got the canary)  Hey...

Me:  ((silence))

SHM:  (nudges with elbow) Hey...

Me: (whispers) what?

SHM:  (nods towards the left) Do you see Elaine's shoes....?

Me:  Yea....

SHM:  See my shoes...?  

Me: Yea...

SHM:  (still smiling widely) They're kinda the same!  


 I am convinced that God gave me two ears so I could use one to listen to my sister chitter-chat during choir practice* and the other to listen to the director. I have to laugh because even in her most distracted moments, she always seems to know where we are in the sheet music.  Me on the other hand?  You know, the silent one?  


I can never find my place.   


Honestly?  I wouldn't have it any other way.  


Love and talkative sisters, 
H.  


*Did you know I joined the choir?  What can I say? I am a sucker for Christmas Choir Cantatas.  

1 comment:

Mrs. Werginz said...

I love choir!! Our music minister asks me to join and I need to because I LOVED youth choir!!

I just gave you an award on my blog!! Come and get it sweet bloggy friend!!